Recently, a report stated that 68% of global brands in Southeast Asia increased their marketing budget for influencer marketing. And they started working with 11-100 influencers in a single campaign.
Of course, this makes other brands will continue to adapt to these new trends to stay competitive. Influencer marketing does have excellent potential, from driving brand reputation, and strengthening brand communities, to sales. So it’s no secret that brands are competing to work with influencers. However, for those who have never run a campaign with hundreds of KOLs or even never at all, how to get started?
First of all, you have to decide whether to outsource or utilize your existing in-house team. Of course, each of the options above has its own pros and cons, in-house vs agency.
Here are some things you need to consider before choosing the right one for you.
Things to Consider When Choosing an Influencer Marketing Strategy
This goes back to the number of members we have, but the resources in question are not just man-power. Is the team size capable of managing influencer marketing from end-to-end? Or maybe you need to add more team members to share the workload. Take a look at your resources before going on too many campaigns .
The lengthy process of influencer marketing from sourcing, negotiating, managing, and vetting content before uploading to social media is time-consuming. Although this goes back to how big and many campaigns are run, it’s also a good idea to pay attention to the man-hours that will be spent on one marketing campaign. At least to ascertain whether the team will be overwhelmed or not.
If the above two things are taken into consideration, then you should have an idea of which option to choose, in-house vs agency influencer marketing.
Check out some of the advantages and disadvantages of each option below.
In-House Influencer Marketing
Pros of Managing Campaigns with In-House
- Building relationships from scratch and managing existing relationships with influencers
- Sharpen the team’s skills in handling influencer marketing
- Thorough knowledge of what consumers like guarantees that every campaign is in line with the company’s goals.
- Your brand can know every step of the campaign
- Access to data owned directly by brands helps you run your next campaigns
- No budget limitations and can allocate directly to influencers without additional costs
- Draining resources and efforts in executing influencer marketing through manual means
Tips: Find the Right Tools to Support Influencer Marketing
If you decide to go with an in-house team, make sure the brand is equipped with time-saving tools to make the campaign more efficient.
Through the LEMON Influencer Platform, you have access to over 45,000 nano and micro influencers, and other features to manage your campaigns.
Influencer Marketing with Agency
Pros of Managing Campaigns with an Agency
- Mastering the field and able to solve the problems faced
- Your brand can focus on other work
- Already have close relationships with influencers
Disadvantages of Managing Campaigns with an Agency
- Additional spending on campaign management costs
Tip: Negotiate How Much Control You Want to Have
It is reasonable that you might be worried about giving up all control over your campaign .
With these few considerations, you’ll know which strategy works best for you. Whatever the choice, you must have big goals for your influencer marketing campaign and LEMON Influencer is here to help! This is what you can expect from an influencer marketing platform:
- Lower cost
- Full control over the entire process
- Ability to continuously monitor and improve content for better quality
- Ability to discover, compare and contact thousands of influencers in one place
Learn more about how LEMON Influencer Platform supports your influencer marketing from selecting, managing, and analyzing dashboards all in one platform.